For products that use JESC 48kHz ESC firmware (e.g. NanoHawk), please follow these instructions if you need to re-flash the ESC firmware. This should not be necessary though, as your drone comes pre-flashed with the correct firmware. This is only for troubleshooting purposes.
1. Download and install latest official version (non-Beta) of the JESC Configurator here:
2. With the propellers off for safety, please plug in the drone to your computer via a data USB cable (not just a charging/power USB cable). Then, plug in the lipo/s to your drone.
3. Open JESC Configurator by running the jesc-configurator.exe application. After the COM port shows up (don't worry about the COM port number, as that is assigned by your computer), click the Connect button.
* If you have issues getting the COM port to show, then it is likely a driver issue. Check our article at https://emaxusa2.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/19000108748-drone-does-not-connect
4. Next, click Read Setup button.
5. Then, click Flash All button.
6. The ESC should be automatically selected for your drone. (NanoHawk is S-H-90.)
Also, use the drop-down menu to select the proper JESC firmware version. (NanoHawk is JESC 2.3 (rpm on H only) - 48kHz PWM.)
Do not use any experimental firmware versions, nor any firmware that did not come as specified from the factory original configuration of your drone.
Then click Flash button.
7. After waiting until all four ESC's are flashed (important to scroll down and check progress, or check the progress in the log at the top), click the Disconnect button. You are now done.